The admission process is designed to establish the candidate’s knowledge, his/her aptitude for scientific research, and whether the PhD program’s research topics are suitable for the candidate.
Admission is based on:
- An evaluation of the candidate’s academic qualifications and other relevant factors in the curriculum vitae;
- An evaluation of the publications submitted;
- An evaluation of the research project submitted, also with regard to the curricula covered by the PhD program;
- Once the curriculum vitae and research project have received a positive evaluation, candidates will take a written exam in accordance with the criteria specified in the call for applications. In the written exam, candidates can choose from six topics, irrespective of their research project. Specifically, two groups of subjects are identified for each curriculum. For each group of subjects, one topic is selected from the three topics suggested by the Commission, among specific themes. Non-Italian citizens and Italian citizens that reside abroad can write the exam in English. However, during the oral exam they will have to prove that they have an adequate knowledge of Italian;
- An oral exam relating to the research project submitted and related topics and issues. Candidates must also demonstrate a good command of English.
Exclusively for those who intend to apply for the place reserved for officials of public institutions: please follow a specific procedure online by accessing the website at the following link:
Apply now (place reserved for officials of public institutions)
|Call for application cycle XXXIII||46 KB|
|Sheet PhD Program in Law and Business||534.87 KB|