The admission process is designed to establish the candidate’s knowledge, his/her aptitude for scientific research, and whether the PhD program’s research topics are suitable for the candidate.
Admission is based on:
- An evaluation of the candidate’s academic qualifications and other relevant factors in the curriculum vitae;
- An evaluation of the publications submitted;
- An evaluation of the research project submitted, also with regard to the curricula covered by the PhD program; for cycle XXXIV the research project has to concern any subject relating to the topic of "Finance";
- An evaluation of the Statement of Purpose and Reference Letter;
- Once the curriculum vitae and research project have received a positive evaluation, candidates will take a written exam in accordance with the criteria specified in the call for applications. In the written exam, candidates can choose from six topics, irrespective of their research project. Specifically, two groups of subjects are identified for each curriculum. For each group of subjects, one topic is selected from the three topics suggested by the Commission, among specific themes. Non-Italian citizens and Italian citizens that reside abroad can write the exam in English. However, during the oral exam they will have to prove that they have an adequate knowledge of Italian;
- An oral exam relating to the research project submitted and related topics and issues. Candidates must also demonstrate a good command of English.
The D.R. n.51 of 16 April 2018 ordered an extension of the deadlines established by the D.R. n. 26 of 23 February 2018, by which has been issued the call for the comparative evaluation for admission to the XXXIV cycle PhD courses, published in the G.U. 4th Special Series - Competitions and Exams - n.23 of March 20, 2018, for the submission of applications to the following PhD courses for the academic year 2018/2019 - XXXIV cycle:
1. Law and Business;
3. Politics: History, Theory, Science;
The deadline for submitting applications has been extended to May 14, 2018 at 16:00 (CEST), UTC + 2.
It is specified that:
- the applications already submitted remain valid;
- the candidates who have already submitted the application have the possibility, if it is necessary, to integrate the declarations produced, the qualifications and the documentation already attached, sending any other documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- if the candidates who have already submitted an application would like to send further documentation, any additional documents will integrate the original application, while updated versions of already submitted documents will be considered;
- the deadline for sending the documentation is on the 14 May 2018 at 16:00 (CEST), UTC + 2.
|Extension Deadline cycle XXXIV D.R. 13.4.2018 n. 51||495.27 KB|
|Annex A - Law and Business||5.84 MB|
|Annex Abis - Law and Business||1.45 MB|