- Full professor of Criminal Procedure at LUISS Guido Carli University since 2021. From 2016 to 2021 he has been full professor of Criminal Procedure at University of Bergamo.
- Lawyer qualified for defense before the Court of Cassation
- In 2006 he was appointed as a Member of the Scientific Secretariat of the Commission for the Reform of the Criminal Procedure Code, established by decree of the Minister of Justice on 27th July 2006.
- From 2007 to 2017 he has been the lecturer of the course “Domestic and comparative criminal procedure” at the Tax Police High School of Guardia di Finanza.
- He is co-director of the Scientific Committee of Le ragioni del garantismo series of studies, Dike Giuridica Publishing House
- He is a member of the Scientific Committee of:
- Archivio Penale magazine
- Questioni nuove di Procedura Penale series of studies
- Revista Anales de Derecho de la Universidad de Murcia.
- He is a member of the Auditors Committee of
- Cassazione Penale magazine
- “Collezione di giustizia penale” series of studies dedicated to Massimo Nobili
- He was a member of the Academic Board of the PhD in International, domestic and comparative criminal procedure; he is a member of the Academic Board of the PhD in Process Criminal Theory at the University LUM Jean Monnet of Bari.
- During his research activities, he has published over 120 publications in the most important scientific magazines as listed in the CV
In particular, he has focused his scientific research in topics related to the General theory of the trial, analyzed in the light of the Constitutional principles and international sources.
Having regard to the monographs see:
- Il Giudizio di rinvio nel processo penale, Cedam, Padova, 2002.
- Giurisdizione penale e giusto processo. Verso nuovi equilibri, Cedam, Padova, 2003.
- L’inutilizzabilità nel processo penale - Struttura e funzione del vizio, Giuffrè, Milano, 2008.
- Il contraddittorio per la prova nel processo penale, Cedam, Padova, 2012.
- Processo penale e Costituzione, a cura di F. Dinacci, Giuffrè, Milano, 2010.