Luiss - Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali Guido Carli (hereinafter Luiss) is an independent university with an advanced education model.
This privacy notice describes the characteristics of the processing undertaken by Luiss in relation to the personal data of people who submit their application for the PhD and highlights their statutory rights in this regard.
The privacy notice is periodically updated to take account of regulatory developments and new methods of processing personal data.
What personal data do we collect?
The Controller collects and processes the following personal data
- identifying data (name, surname, place and date of birth, personal tax number and gender);
- contact data (residential address, e-mail address);
- data relating to academic record;
- data relating to knowledge of foreign languages;
- information relating to the chosen doctoral curriculum;
- any references.
Why do we collect your data and why is their processing lawful?
The Controller collects and processes the data subject’s personal information in pursuit of the following purposes:
- to allow the interested party to submit the application for the chosen PhD (the legal basis for the processing lies for the processing lies in the contract and the relevant law);
- to manage the application submitted, evaluating the study path, titles and references (the legal basis for
the processing lies in the contract and the relevant law);
- to manage, also from an administrative point of view, the application and the related communications of the chosen University (the legal basis for the processing lies in the contract and the relevant law);
- to fulfill specific obligations under national, European legislation applicable in the matter (the legal basis
is found in the fulfillment of legal obligations).
How does the Controller process your personal data and how long is the data stored for?
The data subject’s personal data are processed both on paper and electronically (servers, cloud database,
The Controller stores the data subject’s data for a period of time consistent with what the law prescribes and
having regard to the time required to correctly achieve the purposes stated above.
To whom do we communicate your personal data?
The personal data of registered students can be accessed solely by the University’s employees and other personnel so as to provide the students with the requested services and limited solely to the data necessary to that end, in particular:
- administrative staff;
- academic staff;
- tutors and collaborators.
Our employees and other personnel have been informed and trained regarding the importance of observing the rules and principles governing the processing of personal data.
Data Controller shares the personal information of the interested parties with some external subjects who assist it in the management of the applications submitted by the candidates, with particular reference to any collaborators who may intervene in the selection process of the requests forwarded.
Suppliers that access data do so in compliance with applicable data protection law and the instructions given by the Controller.
The Controller may not communicate personal data to third parties without the data subject’s consent unless
communication is mandated by law or by the authorities:
- should such prove necessary on grounds of national security;
- for reasons of general interest;
- on foot of a request made by public authorities.
Are your data transferred abroad?
The data of the interested party are not transferred outside the European Economic Area.
What are your rights as a data subject and how can you exercise them?
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants data subjects’ specific rights, in particular, regarding access to data, rectification of data, objection to processing of data for commercial purposes or automated processing of data, erasure of data, restrictions on processing of data and portability of data. Data subjects are also entitled to seek redress through the Data Protection Authority.
Any data subjects wishing to exercise their statutory rights may, without formality, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Controller Luiss Guido Carli at Viale Pola 12, 00198 Rome, Italy, setting out their request and furnishing the information necessary to identify them.
The references of the Responsible for the protection of personal data (RPD or Data Protection Officer, DPO) can be consulted on the website of the Owner http://www.luiss.it/contatti.
The Controller will reply within one month. Should the Controller be unable to reply by the above deadline, it will give you a detailed explanation as to why your request cannot be satisfied.